- Why do you think that Margaret Edson chose for Wit to be a play rather than a novel?
- There are three primary relationships in the book:
- Vivian and Dr. Kelekian (primary oncologist)
- Vivian and Susie (the nurse)
- Vivian and Dr. Jason (the resident doctor)
- Discuss each paying attention to the main differences or similarities between them. Any other significant past relationships to consider?
- What do you make of Vivian’s flashbacks and their relation to her status at that time?
- How does Vivian use wit? Why does she use wit?